Mixing it up... Using paper from several designers on one layout

Hi, Carrie here. Just wanted to share with you today how I mix it up by using patterned paper from different designers on one two page scrapbook layout.  This is the final result.






Week 36 Kiwi Lane DT Doodles Sketch

First I like to pull out several pieces of pattern paper from my stash and choose several I think will work together on my layout.
I like the way all of these papers have warm tones of orange, yellow, green and blue.  As you can see I chose papers from different paper designers - Simple Stories, MME, We R Memory Keepers and Bo Bunny. All different but all warm colors. 
Then I grab my pictures and my Kiwi Lane Templates and layout my borders. I am creating this layout for the Kiwi Lane blog weekly sketch challenge.

Next I Choose which papers I like for each element and then I cut them by hand. I layer the papers and attach my photos.  Then I embellish.  Check out the cool sequins I got from the Whimsical Twist shop. http://shop.whimsicaltwist.com/collections/categories/sequins


These are a close up look at my finished pages.  I really like how it all came together. Thanks for stopping by today!           

No comments:

Post a Comment