Creating with Alcohol inks

Hi Today I am going to share with you a couple of project life style cards that I created using Alcohol inks. 

These are Adirondack Alcohol inks by Tim Holtz The colors I chose to work with are Wild Plum, Purple Twilight and Watermelon.

First thing I did was get out my splat mat and squirt some color onto the mat. Then I added some blending solution and let it pool on my mat.  Then I just laid my plain white card on top of the ink and let it absorb into the surface of my card. 

 I love the way the 3 colors created an ombre' affect on my card so I decided to continue that look by stamping the same image three times in three different colors of Ranger Dye Ink.  I used the "OH SNAP" stamp set from HoneyBeeScraps 
I love all the sentiments in this set.  They are so personal and sweet. 
 So to complete my cards I matted them onto black card stock and then stamped the sentiment. I also embellished these cards with some black and white twine and some shiny sequins.
 Here is a close up look at my completed cards.
Thanks for stopping by today 
Happy Scrappin'
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment