Playing with resist technique

Today I am going to share with you a fun technique I just learned.  Its a resist stamping technique using Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad and the "No Place Like Home" stamp set from #HoneyBeeScraps Etsy Shop 


I Started with some glossy Artist trading cards.  ( a glossy surface is a must with this technique ) I cut my cards down to 2 1/2" square, then using a 2 1/4" template I traced an outline onto my card. This works best with a pigment liner pen so it will not smear. Next,  I stamped several of the little Airplane images from the stamp set with the VersaMark ink.  
I also stamped two sentiments from the same stamp set on two accent pieces.  
You will need to wait a couple of hours for the ink to dry completely before going onto the next step.


Using Distress ink and a sponge applicator,  apply the ink in a circular motion covering the entire piece of card stock. The Distress Ink colors I used are, mustard seed, wild honey, mowed lawn and peacock feathers. 

My completed 4x6 card has been double matted onto blue and white card stock and embellished with some fun enamel arrows.  I think this PL card is perfect to use in my recent travel album.

As Always,  I am thankful you stopped by today. 
Happy Scrappin'
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment